10.26.2008

ah, my new friend, the hole.

i haven't written lately. that's because i hate this house. yesterday it had me in tears.
but enough about me!! i want to introduce you to our recent house guest. here's my new friend that decided to come and stay last weekend. it's called a hole. in our ceiling.

ahh, but please. don't worry about our new semi-permanent house guest (becuase let's be realistic here people. this thing could be a part of our lives for a long time) he decided to stake out his living quarters right next to his step-brother. whom we like to call "the place in our ceiling where we have exposed lath and no plaster."

yes, i think they will become good, good friends. lucky us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What happenend? Did your lovely husband pull the plaster down, or did it come down on its own? Don't feel bad because I can totally relate to you. It's good that you gave the hole a name; it will become a part of your life. We have "The 4 holes in the library" and "Giant hole where a door used to be" and "Holes in the Butler's Pantry where you can see into the Basement."

G8rAlly said...

Ahhh, THE HOLE! All good old houses have a HOLE at one time or another. Mine was under one window in the living room, where I removed the entire section of drywall so I could repair the rotten stud holding up the window stool. (The whole project began with me noticing a few mushrooms were growing out of the exterior window trim. One thing led to another....and ultimately THE HOLE was born). Little did I know how long THE HOLE would stick around. Like, for about a year. I hid it with a (large) piece of furniture until I finally redid the living room, at which time I patched the HOLE and lots of other defects.