5.24.2009

don't i need this for the porch?

we have more room on the porch so i've been wanting to add a glider for a while now. i can picture me lounging and gliding...gliding and lounging. i'd like this one. it matches the rockers we have already so we'd just have to stain and assemble.




i'm not really sure how comfy it is because i've yet to actually see it live and in person. and, or course, i'd have to have a cushion for it. i'm thinking this for the cushion:

and this material for the throw pillows for the glider and also some lumbar pillows for the rockers:


we could do all of this for about $300, a little elbow-grease and some of my mother-in-law's fabulous sewing skills. don't you think i need it??



3 comments:

peter said...

my wife has been wanting something like that too, except I have 5 chairs on the porch already and we hardly ever sit outside.

dulcie said...

Definitely a necessity. :)

Shannon Hill said...

I have something very similar on my front porch. Unfortunately, mine isn't very comfortable and I don't have the skill it takes to make my own cushions! I do get a lot of nice comments about it, however. I want to say I bought mine at Menard's about 4 years ago...