8.14.2006

Weekend Sightings

Due to some seen and some unforseen circumstances, no work was accomplished this weekend. Not a single thing. However, we did go visit family in Tell City, Indiana which is about three hours south of Indianapolis. There is a small town next to Tell City on the Ohio River called Cannelton, Indiana. While visiting I fell in love with this old house. Chad says we have a sickness. I feel the same way about old, dilapitated buildings as I do about labrador retrievers that need to be adopted. I wish I could take them all and make them feel loved - the houses and the dogs.

Anyways, I am digressing, as per usual. For some reason I just really liked this old house. It looks as if it is starting to fall apart but it is owned by a church next door so maybe they are going to do something about it.



These two pics are of a catholic church in Cannelton. I just thought it was neat and reminiscent of some of the old churches in Europe. The whole town reminded me of a town on the east coast or in Europe because most of the buildings were built in the mid to late 1800s. It is rare to find buildings that old in the mid-west. Not a house-related post but just some things I thought were interesting.....  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

BMack said...

Oh I love Tell City. My wife's family is from Huntingburg a small town nearby.