2.12.2008

2008 Goals

Is it too late in the "new" year to post our house goals for the year? It will be fun to look back in Feb 2009 to see how much of it we didn't accomplish (way to be optimistic, right?)

Btw, these are numbered in order of importance. To me.

1. (most important) Fix the attic insulation. As in suck out the old and foam in the new.
2. Remodel the bathroom. It will be so fun and innovative to be able to flush after every
use. Grossed out yet?
3. Fill in our insulation holes in our walls / fix the plaster walls.
4. Paint the walls.
5. Refinish the wood floors.
6. Purge unnecessary items from spare bedrooms and basement. / General organization.

Before I bought this house that organization thing would have been higher up on the list. So would flushing after every use. My values are sadly slipping.

3 comments:

SteveDeb said...

I bought a house in Irvington last October. In doing research on Irvington renovations, I stumbled upon your blog. I've really enjoyed reading it! Good luck with your beautiful home! I may be hitting you up for advice as Steve and I renovate our new house on Layman Ave. --Debbie
http://ginger2542.blogspot.com

SteveDeb said...

I bought a house in Irvington last October. In doing research on Irvington renovations, I stumbled upon your blog. I've really enjoyed reading it! Good luck with your beautiful home! I may be hitting you up for advice as Steve and I renovate our new house on Layman Ave. --Debbie
http://ginger2542.blogspot.com

carmen said...

I'm actually going to add another goal to this list: finish the radon system. The other day I read that radon is the leading cause of lung-cancer among non-smokers. Yipes.