11.28.2005

I'm Baaaack

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Well, I guess I was a bit overzealous with my promise to update the blog more often. It has been about 6 months since my last entry! oooops.
I'm going to try to keep this thing updated. But I'm afraid to promise anything again.
In our personal lives lots has changed since the last time I wrote.
- I started graduate school full time and
- Chad got a new job. All is going well on both those fronts.
- We got a new puppy! She's a blonde lab (but more of a red color) and her name is Shelby. We've been enjoying her energy - she's so cute!!
- We became Uncle Chad and Aunt Carmen to baby Elsa on August 26! Talk about cute! That baby is the chubbiest, sweetest thing EVER!
- We celebrated our One Year Anniversary yesterday! whew!
House-wise not that much has changed, unfortunately. With the career changes there has been even less income to go around. I might have mentioned this already, but we did get some insulation foamed into the walls. Even though we have only had a handful of cold winter days thus far, the insulation has been the best thing to happen to the house. The other day the words "I'm hot" were actually uttered. That has never happened before since we moved in! Chad was very happy to hear it. We are going to be buying some blinds for the whole house soon which is a huge thing for us. And the floors are slated to be re-finished early spring. And then we can actually paint the walls.
Okay, so there are no pictures in this post but that's because I'm not at home right now. Pictures to follow soon, I promise! :)

3 comments:

Lakeside said...

I am remodeling and wondering about foam insulation. Our top choices seem to be Duraseal and Icynene. Which foam did you use that you liked so much and why? Thanks for your help!

Lakeside said...

I am remodeling and wondering about foam insulation. Our top choices seem to be Duraseal and Icynene. Which foam did you use that you liked so much and why? Thanks for your help!

chad said...

Lakeside-
After spending a lot of time researching foam insulation versus regular insulation, I decided (for our needs, time we plan to spend in this house, etc.) that we would try to see how expensive the foam was in our area. I first called an Icynene rep to see what they could do for us. They were very nice and knew their stuff, but boy, their price was HIGH! The Icynene rep was abel to give me foam price and a cellulose price. So after getting over my initial sticker shock, I went back to the net for further research. That is when I came across this site: www.sealection500.com/dem/s500/index.php (sorry, I am new to posting so I am not sure how to make this an active link) I went to the "Contractor Locator" and found someone for our area. When my area rep came over, they (yes, "they" were both owners of the company) were very knowledgeable. They walked me through all of my questions, even spelling out the difference between their product and the Icynene product (if I remember correctly, Icynene is a petroleum based product whereas the Demilec product is soy based). They then gave me my quote. Can you believe that the price was less than the Icynene rep's cellulose? So with that, my decision was made.
Sorry this was such a long reply, but I wanted to give you a little background as to how I came up with our decision. Good luck on your decision.